Funnily enough I have posted about my front door before because I really have a thing for doors. We got our front door about a year ago. When you arrive through the front door you are in our living room. We hardly ever use this room because being at the front of the house it unfortunately attracts a lot of noise from the road, and also - white couches, although they look lovely, are the most impractical invention known to man. But one good thing about this space is that it is south facing and stays nice and cool, a bonus as we don't have air conditioning! My favourite new addition to this room is the empty frame on the wall, which I recently inherited from my Aunty and used to belong to my Grandma. It is beautifully hand painted and I'm so pleased to have it!



What a shame you don't use that room much because it really is lovely. Living on a farm and with 3 very dirty children I have a white phobia but those couches look lovely and luxurious.
ReplyDeletebeautiful light filled room .. and i would love to see your grandmother's frame close up...
ReplyDeletea perfect little sitting room..love that bench seat :))
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful room, I agree with Kate, it's a shame you can't use it more often.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet room, it looks so bright and fresh.
ReplyDeleteLovely room! I love the colour of the walls! x
ReplyDeletea lovely room, seems sad not to use it, you should.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, neat and tidy. I know a 10 month old who could cause carnage within 5 minutes in there...Sigh......
ReplyDeleteBeautiful frame and such a lovely history....
the first words that came out of my mouth when i looked through your front door were, 'oh my gosh!'....in a good way! that room is gorgeous. and the door is a beauty too.
ReplyDelete